Award-winning and exciting outboards, each one precision engineered to give you the power and performance you need, when you need it.
Suzuki’s latest and most innovative portable outboard features three-way tilt system and even greater portability and economical operation.
Cutting Edge Technologies
- In addition to a reincarnated stylish appearance, the newly designed and developed Suzuki DF6A,DF5A and DF4A boast the unrivaled lightweight, 24.0Kg (S-shaft models). The lighter weight has improved portability as well as operability.
- Outstanding Handle Operation
- An ease of handling that has enjoyed great popularity. Further improvements to the tiller handle have successfully mitigated vibrations contributing to fatigue and stress when transmitted to the hand during operation. The DF6A, DF5A and DF4A particularly excel at vibration mitigation in the mid-range.
- Offset Crankshaft
- Positioning the crankshaft slightly off center of the cylinder reduces lateral pressure against the cylinder wall as the piston moves up and down in the cylinder. The result is smoother piston movement, which improves operating efficiency.
- Easy After-Storage Start
- Because the integral overhead fuel tank and one-way valve allow gravity fuel supply, the engine can be started without opening the engine cover, even after long term storage.
- Quiet Operation
- The low noise level is the result of a silencer, designed to optimize the capacity and shape of the air intake. The new design of the rocker arm and the plane bearing of the crankshaft also help reduce the noise level. We also changed the structure of the parts related to the rocker arm and eliminated its excessive play. In addition, we changed the crankshaft bearing from a common ball type to a plane type.
- Highly Reliable Lubricating System
- The forced lubrication system of the DF6A, DF5A and DF4A has an additional oil passage to the upper and lower crankshaft and connecting rod big end. The addition of a first-in-its-class** oil filter greatly increases the reliability of the lubricating system. Furthermore, the new position of the oil window allows for visual confirmation of the actual lubricating condition.
- Three-Way Storage
- The new fuel and lubricating systems allow extremely convenient storage of the outboard on any of three sides (port, starboard or front) without worrying about the storage orientation.
- Improved Portability
- The carrying handle integrated into the lower cover has been rounded and made easier to hold. An additional grip at the front of the lower engine cover provides the convenience of carrying the outboard with both hands.
- New Tilt System
- The tilt system of the DF6A, DF5A and DF4A offers different up-and-down paths of the shallow drive arm compared with the previous models. When raised, it can be locked at three positions. When lowered, it can just be smoothly moved to its lowest position without locking.
- Suzuki's Anti Corrosion System
- Suzuki protects its outboards with an anti-corrosion finish specially developed by Suzuki. Applied directly to the aluminum surface it maximizes the bond between the finish and the surface, increasing the protection and durability of parts that are constantly exposed to saltwater.
- Lower Emissions, Efficient Operation
- Suzuki's advanced four-stroke technologies deliver highly efficient operation and lower emissions. This allows Suzuki outboards to conform to some of the world's strictest standards*3 including the EURO 1 Emissions Standards (Directive 94/25/EC as amended by Directive 2003/44/EC)*4, and receive a three-star rating from the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
- *3:Emission standards compliancy is region specific.
- *4:The EU emissions standards (exhaust gasesand noise levels) set by the European Parliament and Council.
|Weight (lbs)||S: 24 | L: 25|
|Fuel Delivery System||Carburetor|
|No. Of Cylinders||1|
|Bore X Stroke Inches (mm)||60.4 x 48|
|Maximum Output HP||5.9|
|Operating Range (RPM)||4,750–5,750|
|Oil Pan Capacity quarts (liter)||0.7|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (liter)||Integral 1L (remote connection)|
|Ignition System||Digital CDI|
|Alternator||12V 5A (optional)|
|Engine Mounting||Bushing type|
|Trim Position||Manual trim & tilt|
|Exhaust||Above prop hub exhaust|
|Propeller Selection||6"–7" (Alloy)|